The University of Wroclaw is led by the Rector, Prof. dr hab. Robert Olkiewicz. Together with the Vice-Rectors, he oversees administration and finances, makes key decisions, represents the University externally, and is in charge of the staff as well as undergraduates and postgraduates.
The University of Wroclaw consists of 12 faculties.
More information: Why University of Wroclaw?
Faculty of Biotechnology
Biotechnology as a Faculty of the University of Wroclaw was founded in 2006, but its beginnings date back to 1959.
Since 2013, the Faculty has been operating in modern building located in the city centre (Kampus Grunwaldzki).
The faculty employs ca. 70 scientists who conduct research in the fields of biotechnology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, microbiology, immunology, cell biology and plant physiology.
The faculty is also the seat of the editorial staff of an international journal Cellular and Molecular Biology Letters.
The Faculty of Biotechnology is recognized not only in Europe but all over the world. Scientists publish annually nearly 100 papers in prestigious journals and cooperate with a wide range of scientific centers in Poland and abroad, and with companies form biotechnology sector.
The faculty receives highest categories awarded by the Polish Committee for Evaluation of Scientific Research Institutions on a regular basis.
The faculty was also the leader of the consortium Wroclaw Centre for Biotechnology with a status of the Leading National Research Centre.
More information: Why Faculty of Biotechnology?
The Faculty of Biotechnology is led by the Dean, dr hab. Dorota Nowak, Prof. UWr.
Together with the Vice-Deans, she oversees administration and finances, makes key decisions, represents the Faculty, and is in charge of the staff as well as all the students.
Faculty of Biotechnology consists of 13 departments and 2 laboratories:
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Bioinformatics and Genomics
- Department of Biophysics
- Department of Biotransformation
- Department of Cell Pathology
- Department of Cellular Molecular Biology
- Department of Chemical Biology
- Department of Cytobiochemistry
- Department of Genetic Biochemistry
- Department of Lipids and Liposomes
- Department of Molecular Microbiology
- Department of Protein Biotechnology
- Department of Protein Engineering
- Laboratory of Medical Biology
- Laboratory of Nuclear Proteins